About life in Singapore. How unique we are, and how unique we are not. How what the media says isn't always true, and how blogs tell the other side of the story. But mostly, its about me.

Monday, July 25, 2005

It's only rubbish..


At Raffles Place MRT Station


I had alerted station staff but was assured that its a rubbish bag that shops always leave outside for collection.

Shops should be discouraged from such practice as anyone with ill intention can easily slip in a bomb among the rubbish and it would escape detection as everyone will think it is a rubbish bag. Bombers can also place multiple bombs in bags outside several shops and possibly no one will suspect a thing.

This is espcially true in shopping centres or integrated transport-cum-shopping hubs.

I've informed SMRT as well as Ministry of Home Affairs on my concerns. I really hope the appropriate advisory can be quickly sent out to the management of these shops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home